Day Dec 1st at 10:49pm
Updates on Christina's World. Lots in the forecast today. Slight breeze of creativity will hit in morning right at 9am as usual with gulp of Folgers coffee mixed with a yummy pumpkin creme. After which a burst of lightning hits. Shakes the whole world till every bit of it is on its feet ready to explore, create, live, and day dream. My day is full of coffee. Makes it have a kick.
Wonder what coffee less day would be like, don't. Never take the coffee away. Never. I tried it once just to see what it was like on the other side and well I am surprised I made it through to talk about it. If I was to do it again it would start like this:
I would awaken to the smell of...nothing. The room would seem darker. My body would weigh a ton and drag against the ground as I moved out of bed. It would seem as though my clothes were impossible to put on and would end up wearing a funky purple hat and one of those ugly red Christmas sweaters.
Walk out the door with one shoe on, a slipper, unmatching socks and zombie hairdo. As I stumble into the car reach for the garage opener my bag would fall and go everywhere. Tossing everything aside I just get the essentials get into the car and go. "THUD." Brake lights go off and I realize I am still in the garage with the garage door closed.
Opening the garage door seems like it takes forever until I realize it's dark outside. I backup and realize there has been an eclipse...dark Foldgery one that smelt of the best Columbian coffee ever. Nope that was just my neighbor watching me backup up as they drank their deliciously savored coffee drink.
I'd get on the road and everyone around me would be drinking their delicious coffee. I would be able to hear them ranting and raving about coffee this coffee that...finally making into work with only a few minor traffic mishaps I'd fall into my chair, and stair without purpose into my computer.
Colleagues would walk behind me whispering what is she wearing and all I could do is stair aimlessly at their delicious coffee in the reflection of my monitor. Even those who swore off coffee, never tasted it, kids and even babies would be drinking it that day. That day would be like no other. It would last 8,760 hours. It would seem like I was in the Matrix going in those super slow motions but without all the cool Kung Fu. People would be talking in a slow droggy way that I'd fall asleep before they even said their second word. Everyone would be quoting lines from Office Space asking me, "does someone have a case of the Monday's;" but it would be Tuesday so who knows what they're talking about.
Lastly the most horrific thing of all is I wake up the next day and there's still no coffee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment